Do they excite you…or do you dread them?
I feel as if we skip over Sunday…we see it as the finish line for the week before, rather than the pre-game rest day we have to prepare for the blessing of another week to live our lives and bless those around us.
So here are a few things I do on my SUNDAYS to help my MONDAYS rock. To not Survive my week…rather to live and thrive in it.
*Warning…I do not always do these things perfectly…but I guarantee you when done well, there is more than an orderly house…there is a mamma with a peaceful heart.
1. I plan…I sit down and plan my week. I use this wonderful thing called a planner pad. It allows me to name my key priorities and write down in each category what MUST be done in order to keep everyone alive and well! My key priorities are GOD, MARRIAGE, FAMILY, TEAM FREEDOM, TEACHING/BLOGGING.
2. I keep the list small. I only put 3-5 things under each category. These are the things that must be done…
For example under God I have: Morning prayer time, Church on Sunday, Weekly Holy Hour, Family Prayer Time, Spouse Prayer time…
For Marriage I have: weekly Date night, Planning night, and time to connect daily as a couple (put the phone away and unplug!!!)
For Family: Morning/Evening Routines, Meal Planning, Meals at the Table, Chore Chart, Family Movie Night….Then under those I have *Activities…these are not always the same and not a priority…they are a bonus. To me…weekly family time is more important than ballet, basketball, or band. We allow them to have these activities, but FIRST our Family time must be on the calendar <3
3. I take each list and then funnel it down to the calendar…I make sure to transfer what I am doing into my schedule…when will I pray? When will I go to church? when will I pray with the kids? I need to assign it a time…or it simply will not happen.
4. I talk to my hubs about my plan and we align our plans so that the TWO become ONE 🙂 If we are not united in our plans and our calendar than there will be chaos…that is a guarantee!
5. I look at my planner each evening to see what is ahead the next day…NO suprises…that way I can be prepared for the next day and all that it holds for me and my family.
*To be flexible I schedule time each do to UNPLUG…from 3-8 is UNPLUG FAMILY FOCUS TIME…I am not on my phone, computer, FB, blog, etc. I am present and focused!
So I am off to plan my week …
Prayers for you on this beautiful Sunday! and for the week ahead!!!